Congratulations to Domonic Hazeldine who has been selected to play in the Wellington Junior Golf Team. First game is this weekend in Taupo against Auckland. – if you are still playing Dom Good Luck!!! Dom also lost $60.00 (1 x $50.00, 1 x $10.00 dollar notes) possibly on the course last weekend when playing golf from his wallet, please give him a ring or contact the office if you found the $$$
We are still after some golf clubs to update the hire clubs for visitors, we would really like another set of left-hand clubs if possible. We appreciate what has been donated already – thanks again.
Division 6 won last weekend 10 ½ – 4 ½ , their skipper Chris Brooks finally stepped up with a 9/8 win on the last game (about time), the player of the day was THE TEAM!! – tremendous golfing Division 6 – Congratulations – you are all AWESOME!!!
Good Luck to Division 9 this weekend, the game is going to decide who will take the Division out, Division 9 is ahead by only a few points with some good teams on their tail.
Golf of the Year Round 8 is on this Sunday for the Men.
As you are aware we are now Level Two – so the below changes for the Office/Shop/Course and Clubrooms have now been put into place, these were all key requirements previously.
Entry to course
- Contact tracing for visitors to the club – online booking and register for affiliated and members.(electronic )
- Adhered to hygiene protocols .
- Physical distancing is 2 meters.
- entry to shop by hallway
- exit only from shop by the flag pole.
- No Shotgun or multi tee starts if gatherings as a result of these can’t be avoided
- You can play in team of 4 or less
- Green Fee and affiliated golfers are allowed to play on the course.
- Scorecards will be entered into Dot Golf after two days of your game.
- Use the DotGolf App to enter your own score, strike a line through the card and place in the box located in the hallway to toilets
- No exchange of scorecards.
- Pins left in.
- Take home your own rubbish, try on to use the bins on course.
- Scan the Covid Tracer App on the shop window when coming to the course to practice.
- Club rooms are open normal hours
- Maximum of 100 people
- maximum 10 persons at a Table.
Wash your hands down stairs before entering the Club house upstairs.
Enjoy your golf while you can, sadly we will flitter between levels in the foreseeable future, so the more we adapt in adopting new technics the easier it will be for us all.
Please confirm your availability in the Men’s Clubs Champs that I sent out yesterday.
What’s on this week:
Saturday – course available al day
Sunday – Club Day
Monday – course available all day.
Tuesday – MWM teeing off 10.30.
Wednesday – MWW teeing off 9.30.
Thursday – MWM teeing off 10.30.
Friday – course available all day.
Sunday 23rd August Hastwell and Pope Cups.
Tuesday 25th August MW Men Matchplay round 1.
Everyone have a fabulous weekend.
Te Marua Golf Club Inc
p 526 7020